Inasmuch Foundation announces $255,000 in grants
OKLAHOMA CITY – Inasmuch Foundation announced today the distribution of $255,000 in grants to 15 organizations serving Colorado Springs.
Inasmuch Foundation, founded by Edith Kinney Gaylord in 1982, supports education, health and human services and community enhancement initiatives that enrich the quality of life for Oklahomans. The foundation carries on its late founder’s interest in Colorado Springs by giving to nonprofits that are located in and directly serve the residents of the city.
Grants were awarded to organizations for projects addressing the foundation’s areas of interest as follows:
- $25,000 to Atlas Preparatory School for REACH Beyond, a three week summer enrichment program.
- $5,000 to Pillar Institute to expand educational offerings and venues to lifelong learners throughout the Pikes Peak Region.
Health and Human Services
- $25,000 to University of Colorado Colorado Springs to expand the Aging Center’s intervention team.
- $20,000 to Care & Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado to support the purchase of two used box trucks.
- $15,000 to CASA of the Pikes Peak Region in general support of the Peer Coordinator model.
- $15,000 to Partners in Housing to provide one year of housing and supportive services to homeless families with children.
- $35,000 to Colorado Springs Philharmonic Orchestra for the Maestro’s Circle and to support a benefit concert featuring Yo-Yo Ma.
- $30,000 to Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum in support of exhibits and programs.
- $25,000 to Broadmoor World Arena for a new sound system for the Pikes Peak Center.
- $15,000 to Kids on Bikes for Pedal Station, a community bicycling center focused on engaging kids and families in bicycling.
- $15,000 to Palmer Land Trust for the Millennium Society Campaign.
- $10,000 to Chamber Orchestra of the Springs for programs and operations.
- $10,000 to Early Connections Learning Centers to repair the doors and windows on the main level of the Historic Day Nursery.
- $5,000 to Citizens Project to increase civic engagement in the Pikes Peak region.
- $5,000 to Colorado Springs Choral Society for general support.
To learn more about Inasmuch Foundation, visit www.inasmuchfoundation.org or call 405-604-5292.